- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Meaty soup bones||2 Medium (FOR BROTH)|
|Onion||1 Small, cut into half (FOR BROTH)|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium (FOR BROTH)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled (FOR BROTH)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs) (FOR BROTH)|
|Red onion||1 Small, minced (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Corn ears||2 Medium (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Vermicelli/Long grain brown rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Bell pepper||1 Small, chopped (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, chopped (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Zucchini||1 Small, chopped (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste FOR THE SOUP)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste FOR THE SOUP)|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, crushed (FOR THE SOUP)|
|Carrot||3 Large, cut into half|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium|
Calories 1487 Calories from Fat 449
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360 mg
Sodium 1006 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.2%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 170 g340.6%
Vitamin A 199% Vitamin C 105.4%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 178.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. BROTH: In a large pot, place all ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a good two hours – until beef stock is nicely concentrated.
2. Skim off all the rendered foam. Fish out all of the ingredients except for the beef bones. Keep aside.
3. Prepare the ingredients of the soup according to the list.
4. In a sauce pan, put olive oil and sauté the red onion, grated carrots, chopped bell pepper and celery leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add it to the beef stock with the corn slices (if using thawed kernels add them with the last ingredients).
6. Bring back to a boil and simmer for another 20 minutes.
7. Put the vermicelli, cabbage, zucchini and potato. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Mix soup and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
8. In a serving bowl, serve it hot.
The beef broth can be stored and skip this step if you want. Simply add the bones to the broth and let them cook before you add the rest of the vegetables.