- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make 2 kinds of Coconut Macaroons Recipe Video
|Egg whites||3 Large|
|Icing sugar||200 Gram|
|Coconut||240 Gram, flaked|
|Wafers (2 kinds of 3 ounces each)||6 Ounce|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, finely ground (lemon)|
|Rum||2 Tablespoon (lemon)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon, finely ground (orange)|
|Amaretto||2 Tablespoon (orange)|
|Almonds||30 Gram, chopped (orange)|
|Chocolate glaze||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2882 Calories from Fat 1126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.9%
Saturated Fat 83.2 g416.1%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 1176.9 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 392 g130.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.4%
Sugars 294 g
Protein 30 g59.1%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 39.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 356 degrees.
2) To make the coconut mixture, beat the egg whites and salt together.
3) Add the icing sugar and beat till the mixture is stiff.
4) Add the coconut and mix well. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and then divide it into 2 portions.
5) For lemon macaroons, mix together the rum and lemon zest.
6) Mix together the lemon macaroon mixture with half of the coconut mixture.
7) For orange macaroons, mix together the orange zest, amaretto and almonds.
8) Mix together the orange macaroon mixture with the remaining coconut mixture.
9) Shape the mixtures into rounds and then set on a baking tray.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
11) Once the macaroons are done, let them cool down. Chill.
12) Put the macaroons on a serving dish and top with the chocolate glaze. Serve right away.