- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Marinated Pork chops Recipe Video
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR MARINADE)|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR MARINADE)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (FOR MARINADE)|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, cut into half (1/2 deseeded, FOR MARINADE)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, cut to chunks (FOR MARINADE)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped (with stem and leaves, FOR MARINADE)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Pork chops||5 Medium (boneless and about 1 inch thick)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (to brush the grill)|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg
Sodium 411.3 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 57.7%
Calcium 6% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the jalapeno into half. Deseed and core ½ piece and leave the other half as it is.
2. In a large bowl, pour orange juice, beer.
3. Add orange zest, jalapeno, red onions, garlic cloves, cilantro, salt, pepper and cumin. Mix them well.
4. In a zip lock plastic bag, place the pork chops.
5. Pour the beer-spice mixture into it and shake to soak all the pieces.
6. Lock the plastic bag after removing excess air.
7. Refrigerate it for 2 hours or more.
8. Remove from fridge and let it sit for a few minutes.
9. Heat the grill.
10. Brush the grill with olive oil and place the marinated pork chops on it.
11. Cook for 20 minutes or till they are done; Flip them once in a while to cook both sides evenly.
12. Remove from grill and allow sitting for a few minutes.
13. On a serving platter, arrange the pork chops and serve warm with salad or sautéed vegetables.