- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Turkey Recipe Video
|Whole turkey||15 Pound, cut into butterfly|
|Frozen orange concentrate||12 Ounce (1 can, FOR BRINE)|
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm) (FOR BRINE)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm) (FOR BRINE2)|
|Jalapeno||2 Medium, cut into half (FOR BRINE)|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm), crushed (1 head, FOR BRINE)|
|Coarse salt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR BRINE)|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Tablespoon (FOR BRINE)|
|Cold water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (or more, to fill the pot, FOR BRINE)|
|Melted butter||100 Gram (1 stick, FOR RUB)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon (FOR RUB)|
|Paprika||1 Tablespoon (FOR RUB)|
|Chile california||1 Tablespoon (FOR RUB)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Granulated garlic||1 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.5 mg
Sodium 2893.8 mg120.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 5% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Brine the turkey in the brine mixture for an hour.
2. In a bowl, pour melted butter. Add cumin, paprika, chile California, salt, black pepper, garlic and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
3. Preheat the grill.
4. Place the turkey on a flat cutting board.
5. Using fingers, separate the skin from the flesh of the turkey.
6. Generously rub the spice-butter mix into the skin and over the turkey.
7. Set aside for 20 minutes.
8. Take 3 disposable grill trays. Place the turkey on it and grill for 2 hours.
9. Baste it with the liquid regularly to keep the turkey moist.
10. Cover it with a foil and gril for another 45 minutes. Baste it once again with the liquid.
11. Place the turkey directly on the grill and cook for another 1 ½ hours or till done. Baste it once in a while.
12. Remove from the grill and let it to sit for a few minutes.
13. On a serving platter, place the grilled turkey.
14. Slice it and serve warm.