- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seasoned Leeks Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Leek||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (To taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To taste)|
Calories 53 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 499.3 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 0.85 g1.7%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the leeks and the cut off the dark part of the leaf and discard.
2) Cut off a quarter of an inch from the bottom and discard.
3) Slice the leek in half and wash again.
4) Slice into pieces, cut lengthwise, or mince.
5) Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic.
6) Add the leeks and combine well with the garlic.
7) Season with salt and pepper.
8) Serve as an accompaniment to your meal.
Leeks can be a substitute for green onion or onions and they partner well with cheese, chicken, and ham.