- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, dice (one red and one yellow)|
|Bell peppers||2 Medium, dice (green, red, or yellow)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chop|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Beer/Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned beans||45 Ounce, drained, rinsed (navy, pinto and black)|
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1402.8 mg58.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 107.4%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need5 quart pot
1. In a large pot pour olive oil and sauté the onions over medium heat.
2. Add peppers and garlic and stir everything, lower the heat to medium and cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
3. Add the chili powder, stir in, and crumble the oregano, salt and pepper. Stir and cook about 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes and 3/4 cup beer. Stir to combine.
5. Add 1/2 cup more beer or other liquid if it gets too dry.
6. Add in the drained beans, cover the pot, and cook slowly 10 minutes.
7. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
8. Serve with cornbread or crackers.