- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfectly Cooked Turkey Recipe Video
|Turkey||3 Pound, frozen|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (this is to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (this is to taste)|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon (this is as required)|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon (this is as required)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg
Sodium 363.3 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 36 g71.1%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees C.
2. Place the frozen turkey in a tray and place it in the refrigerator to defrost for at least 72 hours.
3. On the day of cooking, remove defrosted turkey from the refrigerator.
4. Rinse it under cold running water.
5. Pat dry with kitchen towel and let it dry and bring it to room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
6. Brush turkey with olive oil all over.
7. Season generously with pepper and salt.
8. So not stuff turkey with sausage meat stuffing as it will only prolong the cooking time.
9. Stuff it with onions, apples and herbs like sage and rosemary to add another boost of flavor.
10. Place turkey into a roasting dish. Add a cup of water to the dish.
11. Cross the legs of the turkey and if need be, use a piece of string to secure them.
12. Roast it in the oven for 30 minutes at 230 degrees C or 450 degrees F or Gas 8. Then an extra 15 minutes per 450 grams at 180 degrees C or 360 degrees F or Gas 4.
13. You can check whether the turkey is done by using meat thermometer. Insert probe into the thickest part of the thigh. The temperature should be 70 to 75 degrees C.
14. Let it stand for 30 to 60 minutes.
15. Serve Perfectly Cooked Turkey as it is.