- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Cook Trout - Hungry in Brooklyn Recipe Video
|Red meat brook trout||1 Pound, cleaned, gutted and butterflied|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Rosemary sprigs||3 Small|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (plus extra for the skin of the fish)|
|Lemon slices||3 Medium|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 961 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.2%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg87.7%
Sodium 2221.3 mg92.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 95 g190.3%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) In a mortar and pestal, grind the garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary until a paste has been formed.
3) Thin out the paste with the lemon juice and olive oil.
4) Place your fish on a baking sheet and rub the skin with olive oil.
5) Sprinkle some salt and pepper for extra flavor - especially if you like to eat the skin.
6) Spread the marinade on each filet, place the lemon slices inside.
7) Close the fish up and roast it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the flesh is opaque and flaky.
8) Tranfer the fish to a decorative serving plate and serve while it is still hot.