- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Quinoa Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (low sodium, as required)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Fresh mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (toasted)|
Calories 829 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 191.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.8%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.9%
Sugars 54.1 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 35.9% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 53.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the quinoa thoroughly with water and allow to drain.
2) In a pot, add the quinoa in a mixture of 1:1 chicken stock and water.
3) Cover the pot and allow to cook for about 12 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
4) In a bowl, transfer the cooked quinoa and pour over the honey, cumin and cider vinegar dressing.
5) Then add rest of the ingredients and toss well to mix.
6) Serve the quinoa as desired.