- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushrooms with Port Wine and Balsamic Sauce Recipe Video
|Mushroom||24 Ounce, slice (use variety of mushroom)|
|Onion||1 , dice (Optional)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, mince (or 2 small) (Optional)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Port wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (any fortified red wine)|
|Aged balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||4 (chiffonade)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Red chili flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 190.4 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 57.1%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a frying pan on medium heat, and pour olive oil in it.
2. Drop onion in hot oil, and cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Throw mushrooms, and saute well.
4. Add black pepper, chili flakes, and oregano. Cook until nice and tender.
5. Put garlic in pan, stir, and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Pour wine, and deglaze the pan.
7. Drop balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and parsley. Mix well. Let the liquid evaporate.
8. Throw butter and stir to combine.
9. Serve mushroom on top of your steak or as a side with a choice of main dish.
Add more oil if your pan looks dry.