- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Cheese Chicken and Tomato Sandwiches Recipe Video
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (or 2 slices)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Small, thinly sliced (2 thin slice)|
|Shredded chicken||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), barbecued (or 2 slices deli meat)|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||3 Teaspoon, softened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 364
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.8%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.8 mg50.9%
Sodium 1116.4 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 57.6% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a frying pan on medium low flame.
2. Apply butter on one side of bread and place it on counter top with non-butter side down.
3. Spread butter on the other bread slice. Put it on the first bread slice with butter side down, so that both buttered side touch each other.
4. Spread cheese on top of the bread.
5. Lay tomato and chicken slices evenly on cheese.
6. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
7. In a pan, place the top piece of bread butter side down.
8. Cover it with the other side. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip over gently and allow the other side to cook.
9. Remove from pan and place it on a serving platter.
10. Slice, and serve sandwich hot with iced tea, and pickles.
You can add caramelized onion and garlic instead of onion and garlic powder.
Add herbs as per your choice.