- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Gazpacho Recipe Video
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||5 Cup (80 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro leaves||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Anaheim pepper/Jalapeno or serrano peppers||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (canned)|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Avocado oil/Extra virgin olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar/Red wine vinegar||3 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.1 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 77%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and add in red bell pepper (orange and yellow bell peppers can be used. Avoid green bell peppersas it may add bitterness to the dish), cucumber, 1/2 of chopped tomatoes, red onion, celery, cilantro, garlic and anaheim peppers and gently mix.
2. In a food processor, add in canned diced tomatoes and puree it.
3. To this tomato puree add half of the vegetables chopped, now use the pulse function in the food processor and pulse it for 5 times for about 3 to 5 seconds each. Once done add the remaining chopped vegetable mixture and pulse it again about 5 times for 3 seconds each.
4. Transfer the pureed mixture into a bowl. (Hold the blade of the food processor from underneath in order to avoid the blade from falling out while transfering the mixture)
5. To add more flavor and a little bit more of the consistency add the remaining of the fresh chopped tomatoes and the tomato juice. And pour in the avocado oil, white wine vinegar and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Set the prepared mixture in the fridge for a minimum 2 hours and preferably overnight.
7. Garnish with cucumber slices, lime and cilantro and serve chilled.
You can use a mortar and pestle instead of the processor or a blender in order to avoid the tomato puree from foaming when blended.