- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Shanghai Nian Gao ( rice cake ) and pork Recipe Video
|Frozen nian gao||250 Gram, washed once and drained|
|Pork loin||250 Gram, shredded|
|Chinese cabbage pieces||7 Large|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into slices|
|Green onion||1 Small, washed, cut into slices|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Ginger||3 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Pinch (Seasoning)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (Seasoning)|
|Oyster sauce||3 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Water||6 Teaspoon (Seasoning)|
|Rum||2 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1680 Calories from Fat 428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.4%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 160 mg53.3%
Sodium 3952.5 mg164.7%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g75%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 78 g155.6%
Vitamin A 264.5% Vitamin C 94%
Calcium 20% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together all the ingredients to make the pork marinade.
2) Marinate the pork for 20 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, season the marinated pork with some salt and pepper. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
4) Heat a wok and add some oil.
5) Put the pork in the wok and cook for a few minutes.
6) Add the sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and water and cook the ingredients over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, till the meat is no longer pink.
7) Add the Chinese cabbage, carrot, green onion, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Mix well and cook till the ingredients are all done.
8) Transfer the cooked pork and vegetables to a plate and add the nian gao to the wok. Fry on all sides till it is done.
9) Put the nian gao in the same plate as the pork and vegetables.
10) Serve while still hot.