- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fiddlehead Ferns Recipe Video
|Fiddlehead ferns||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 160.5 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.57%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 152.2% Vitamin C 90.7%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large strainer, rinse fiddlehead fern under cold water. Chop the ends, and set aside.
2. Place a saucepan on flame, add water, wine, 1 tablespoon of butter, salt, and pepper in it. Bring it to a boil.
3. Turn the flame down to medium, and drop fern in it. Let it steam for about 6 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
4. Add butter, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Serve fiddlehead ferns with grilled chicken.