- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Mushroom Soup - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Mushroom||2 Pound, divided (any variety)|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), dice, divided|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Kefir||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fortified sherry||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cayenne peper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste, divided|
|Butter/Coconut oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chili flakes||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Dried mushroom||2 Cup (32 tbs), dehydrated|
|Tea||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3%
Sodium 665.1 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 54.6%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice mushroom and dice onions. Set it aside.
2. Soak dried mushroom in tea.
3. Place a frying pan and a stock pot on heat. Add equal amount of olive oil and butter in them.
4. Drop onion in both. Stir and cook until soften.
5. Add half of the mushrooms in pot and the remaining half in the pan.
6. Throw chili flakes, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Stir and allow the mushrooms to cook.
7. Add garlic to the pot. Mix well.
8. Drop bell pepper in pot, and stir. Cook until mushrooms become soft, and start releasing water.
9. Transfer onion and mushroom from pan into the pot.
10. Add salt, soaked dried mushroom, and wine. Cook for 4 minutes, and bring it to a boil
11. Pour chicken stock, turn the heat to medium high, and allow it to come up to a simmer.
12. Blend soup until smooth and thickened. Simmer for 3 minutes.
13. Remove pot from heat, and drop kefir, yogurt, and parsley in it. Stir well.
14. Put the pot back on low heat, add nutmeg, and mix.
15. Taste and season it with salt and pepper.
16. Transfer it to a bowl, and serve with a drizzle of truffle oil.
You can use any variety of mushroom like portabella, oyster, king oyster, enoki, button mushroom, crimini or even dried mushroom if you like.
Use low sodium chicken broth. If you have time you can prepare broth at home.
Instead of kefir you may add cream or buttermilk.
Add tofu, and blend if desired in soup.
You may also serve soup with a dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream.