- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Soy Chicken Recipe Video
|Cooking oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 407.2 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.36%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. 2. Throw away the fat pieces. Fat pieces are yellowish chunks and are quite noticeable.
3. 3. Then, cut the chicken slices into 1-inch cubes.
4. 4. Put the chicken cubes in a bowl, and marinade it if you want to, by putting a little bit of salt, pepper, 1 tsp. of low-sodium soy sauce, and 1 tsp. of cooking wine. Set aside for a couple of minutes.
5. 5. Heat about 1-2 tsp. of cooking oil in a skillet on medium-high.
6. 6. Place the minced garlic inside and sauté a bit.
7. 7. Put the chicken cubes in the skillet. Then, stir and flip the chicken cubes to the other side so they can cook evenly on both sides.
8. 8. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper; stir and flip several times.
9. If you want to make the liquid thicker, use a little bit of corn starch, mix it with water, and stir well. My friend taught me this technique to thicken up liquid.
9. Then, poor the corn starch mixture into the food and combine with everything.
10. Notice how the liquid thickened up immediately.
11. Pour a little bit of low-sodium soy sauce over the chicken and mix well. I used Kikkoman’s “Less Sodium soy sauce”.
12. Chicken breast is high in protein and has half the fat compared to chicken thighs.
This video is a creation of nutritionnoob. You can visit nutritionnoob for complete recipes, and more videos.