- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Video
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Dash|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg
Sodium 267.6 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large frying pan on medium low flame. Drop bacon strips in it and fry until brown. Take bacon out of the pan, leaving bacon fat behind.
2. Crumble or finely chop bacon strips and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
4. Clean mushroom and gently remove the stems in one full piece.
5. Chop mushroom stems finely and set it aside.
6. In bacon fat, cook mushroom stems until softened. Scrape the bottom of the pan.
7. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
8. Add bread crumbs and mix well.
9. Add parsley and stir. Remove the pan from heat.
10. Drop bacon in pan, and mix to combine.
11. Into a bowl, transfer the breadcrumb mixture. Add lemon juice and cheese. Mix well.
12. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
13. On a greased baking sheet, arrange mushroom caps. Stuff mushroom holes with filling.
14. Pop it in oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through with golden crust on top.
15. Serve stuffed mushroom with a glass of wine.
While frying bacon be careful not to burn it.
Add butter or olive oil if you do not have sufficient bacon fat.
Breadcrumb mixture should be warm but not too hot.