- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Cook a Whole Chicken - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 Medium (Free Range Bird)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.4%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg
Sodium 821.7 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 47 g93.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Defrost the bird in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Pre heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius or 445 degrees Farenheit.
3. Wash with cold water and pat it dry. Allow it to come to room temperature.
4. Brush the exterior of the chicken with the oil.
5. Generously season with salt and pepper.
6. Stick it in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Lower the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius or 355 degrees Farenheit and bake for 50 minutes.
8. Carve it and serve it up.