- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Bake Blueberry Spelt Muffins Recipe Video
|Canola oil||4 Tablespoon (you may use vegetable oil or sunflower oil)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (honey or agave nectar)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (or applesauce)|
|Lemonade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Spelt flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 107.6 mg35.9%
Sodium 361.5 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 64.1 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease non-stick muffin tray with cooking spray and set it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, combine lemonade, vanilla extract, eggs, milk, and oil. Whisk well.
5. Pour half of the wet mixture into the bowl with flour. Mix well.
6. Drop the remaining egg mixture and mix well.
7. Throw the blueberries and fold to evenly distribute.
8. Scoop and fill muffin cups ¾ of the way up with batter.
9. Pop the tray in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
10. Remove the tray from oven and let it cool on wire rack.
11. Serve blueberry muffins with softened butter.
If using dry blueberries drop in the wet mixture for 10 minutes to reconstitute.
You can use dates, raisins, figs or any kind of fruits in the muffin.
You can also use measuring cup to fill the tray with batter.