- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Bake a Chicken - CopyKat.com Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 Medium, cleaned and washed|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 613
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g105%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 311.5 mg
Sodium 265.9 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 71 g141.2%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 10% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Zest a lemon and squeezed half of the lemon.
3. Cut one lemon in half and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, lemon rind, poultry seasoning and butter.
5. Using clean hands loosen chicken skin from flesh by inserting your fingers between skin and flesh, try to do this all over the chicken.
6. Place the chicken on a baking dish.
7. Put the lemon butter between the chicken flesh and skin and rub it on breast thigh and back part.
8. Rub the remaining butter over the chicken skin.
9. Place two halves of lemon inside the chicken cavity.
10. Bake in the oven for about an hour or until juices comes out clean when you insert knife tip in chicken thigh.
11. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
12. Cut and serve as desired.