- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz), crushed (28 ounce can)|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 56 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 302.3 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
2. Add onion, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt to it. Sauté it for 5 minutes or until the onions turns soft and tender.
3. Add garlic and sauté it for another 5 minutes or until it is translucent.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes and give it a stir.
5. Add bay leaf, oregano, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix well and turn the heat to high so that it comes to a boil.
6. Once it comes to a boil, reduce flame to a simmer and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until it comes to a desired consistency.
7. Remove from flame and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Mix it well.
8. Allow it to cool and store it in the refrigerator to use as required.
9. Serve Tomato Sauce as an accompaniment to dishes or as a base recipe for other dishes.