- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Tomato Consomme Recipe
|Tomatoes||2 Pound (Undrained)|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 Ounce|
|Celery tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
|Red food color||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 61 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 852 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large saucepan, place tomatoes and crush with potato masher.
2. Then bring to a boil adding chicken broth, 1 cup water, the celery, parsley sprigs, peppercorns and bay leaf with occasional stirring.
3. Reduce heat, simmer about 30 minutes and then strain through a fine sieve.
4. Add sugar, salt to taste, a few drops food color and keep hot.
5. Pour into mugs or soup bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve.