- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Vichyssoise Recipe
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cereal cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg
Sodium 516.5 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 33.8% Vitamin C 47.6%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off the green tops from the leeks and thinly slice the white portion.
2) In a saucepan, saute the leeks in butter for 5 minutes.
3) Then stir in the sliced potatoes and chicken broth.
4) Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
5) In a blender, blend half of the potato mixture, return into the saucepan.
6) Then blend the rest of the potato mixture and pour into the saucepan mixture.
7) Stir in rest of the ingredients and heat the soup thoroughly.
8) Serve the Hot Vichyssoise immediately into soup bowls or serve