- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Tuna Heroes Recipe
|Canned tuna fish||14 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, About 7 Ounce Each)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (1 Cup)|
|Fresh peas||1 Pound, shelled to make 1 cup|
|Processed swiss cheese slice||4 , cubed|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 Stick)|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.1 mg
Sodium 384.1 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a medium bowl, separate and place the tuna chunks.
3) Stir in the celery, peas, cheese and parsley, then fold in the mayonnaise or salad dressing.
4) From each roll cut a slice from the top and make a hollow, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell.
5) Brush with the melted butter or margarine inside the shell, then stuff with the tuna fish mixture and wrap each roll separately in a foil.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the stuffing is just hot.
7) Thread a lemon wedge and 2 ripe olives in a wooden pick, if desired and serve immediately with each hot sandwich.