- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Thai Kitchen - Pad Prik King Recipe Video
|Chicken thighs||12 Ounce, cut into bite size pieces|
|Red curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Palm sugar/Regular sugar||1 Tablespoon, finely shredded|
|String beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 3 inch long pieces|
|Kaffir lime leaves||4 Medium, finely sliced|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon ((to taste))|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 141.2 mg47.1%
Sodium 1248.7 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 70.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a large cooking pan with oil and brown the chicken; when chicken is added to the pan, it should sizzle.
2. Remove the chicken from pan and keep aside.
3. In the same pan, add the brown sugar, kaffir leaves, curry paste and sugar; fry it for some time until the curry paste releases flavors.
4. Add the chicken back to the pan and add fish sauce; stir around to mix.
5. Add the string beans and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. If you like the string beans cooked down add it before the chicken.
6. Serve Pad Prik King with rice for complete dinner.