- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Thai Kitchen - Laab and Sticky Rice - Part 2 Recipe Video
|Toasted ground rice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pork||1 Pound, seasoned with tiny bit of fish sauce|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely sliced|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Fish sauce||10 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon ((or to taste))|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), chiffonade|
Calories 683 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.2%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg54.4%
Sodium 5953.2 mg248%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 44 g88.1%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 27.5%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mortar and pestle, pound the toasted rice.
2. In a shallow saucepan, simmer a little bit of water and cook the ground pork but do not brown.
3. When the pork is white, turn off the heat immediately.
4. In a large mixing bowl, transfer the pork and add finely chopped shallots.
5. Add the cilantro, mint, fish sauce, lime juice, chilli powder and the ground rice; toss it and shift it to a plate.
6. Serve Laab Moo with sticky rice and iceberg lettuce.