- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Sweet Spaghetti in Strawberry Sauce Recipe Video
|Whole wheat spaghetti||10 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pound, chilled|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 23.6 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 122.2%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the water and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions or until al dente (tender crisp)
2. Simultaneously in another saucepan pour in extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add half of the strawberries and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and remaining half of the strawberries. Cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the sauce. Toss to coat well.
5. Pile onto serving plates and garnish with basil. Serve warm.