- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot & Sour Soup - Quick and Easy! Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Shredded cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant noodles||100 Gram|
|Vegetable stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more if needed)|
|Minced ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use as per your taste)|
|Sweet and sour sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Arrowroot powder/Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into small pieces|
|Green onions/Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21 mg7%
Sodium 463.1 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pot with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add all the vegetables into it and let it cook. Do not overcook the vegetables.
2. Add salt, vinegar, noodles and the vegetable stock or broth. Stir lightly.
3. Add the minced ginger and garlic, soy sauce, hot sauce and sweet and sour sauce. Raise the heat to a medium-high heat and stir well.
4. Add sesame seed oil, stir, cover the pot and let it boil.
5. Once the soup has been boiling for a few minutes, reduce the heat and add arrowroot powder. (If using cornstarch, dissolve corn starch in a little water and then add it into the soup). Stir well until the soup thickens.
6. Add tofu, cover and let it simmer for a few more minutes until done.
7. Serve the hot and sour soup garnished with finely chopped green onions.
Any vegetable of your choice may be used.
Garbanzo beans or boiled eggs may also be added into the soup.