- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy, Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip (Appetizer Time) Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), d|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan romano asiago cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), grated (Use freshly grated)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (From half a lemon)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh spinach||20 Ounce, thawed, squeezed dry (2 (10 ounce) packages)|
|Artichoke heart||12 Ounce, coarsely chopped, with juices|
|White cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped (as required) (Optional)|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g92.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.9 mg
Sodium 479.1 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 130.7% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
2. Saute garlic and onions until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Add flour and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Slowly whisk in heavy whipping cream and chicken broth.
5. Stir until mixture has thickened and come to a light boil.
6. Add Parmesan Romano Asiago cheese blend and cook until melted
7. Stir in lemon juice, hot sauce and salt. Stir to mix and turn off the heat.
8. Pour the sour cream and fold in artichoke hearts and spinach.
9. In a casserole dish spread the mixture. Top with white cheddar cheese.
10. Broil until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
11. In a serving bowl or dish, serve the dip hot garnished with tomatoes (if desired) and nachos or chips or crudités.