- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Spiced Beer And Rum Recipe
|Beer||48 Ounce (4 Cans Or Bottles, 12 Ounces Each)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , peeled and cut in strips|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 98.5 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, add cinnamon cloves and lemon peel and pour over the beer.
2. Place pan over a low flame and heat for 10 to 15 minutes without boiling or simmering.
3. In the mean time, in a dry bowl combine the eggs and sugar and beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer until thick and pale.
4. Whisking vigorously and constantly, add the egg mixture to the beer until well blended.
5. While constantly whisking, stir in the rum and cook the mixture until thick, without boiling.
6. Immediately ladle drink into small mugs or punch cups and serve hot on a cold winter day.