- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Sherried Fruit Compote Recipe
|Peaches/16-ounce can peach halves, drained||4 Medium, halved, pitted, and peeled|
|Pears/16-ounce can pear halves, drained||4 Medium, cored, peeled, and halved|
|Apricots/16-ounce can apricot halves, drained||10 Medium, halved, pitted, and peeled|
|Fresh pineapple/Canned sliced pineapple, drained||8 Ounce, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 9 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.6%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 49.2% Vitamin C 63.9%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Use a buttered 2-quart baking dish to arrange fruit in layers.
3) In a 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
4) Add flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring well after each addition.
5) Pour in sherry and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar.
6) Bring the liquid to boil by constant stirring.
7) Pour the sherry mixture over fruit.
8) Sprinkle in remaining brown sugar and the pecans.
9) Add coconut on top.
10) Allow cooling.
11) Cover with a lid and chill for overnight.
12) Uncover and place inside the oven.
13) Bake for 30 minutes.
14) Serve the compote by garnishing with honey, if you wish.