- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Seafood Hors D Oeuvres Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Frozen shelled deveined shrimp||1 Pound (Raw)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound (Fresh / Frozen, Raw)|
|Frozen cooked codfish balls||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hollandaise sauce||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Cocktail sauce||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2159 Calories from Fat 833
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.6%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g156.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1478.7 mg
Sodium 8523.5 mg355.1%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 39.4 g
Protein 178 g355.8%
Vitamin A 118.3% Vitamin C 1113.7%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. While shrimps cook, wash fresh scallops under cold running water; drain. (Or partly thaw frozen scallops.) Cut any large scallops in bite-size pieces.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a second medium-size skillet; add scallops. Cook slowly, stirring often, 5 to 8 minutes, or until the scallops are tender; keep hot.
4. Heat codfish balls, keep hot.
5. Heat hollandaise sauce just until piping hot in top of double boiler over simmering water. (Don't let the water boil.) Heat the cocktail sauce to boiling in small saucepan.
6. When ready to serve, pile shrimps, scallops and codfish balls in separate mounds in chafing .dish; sprinkle parsley over shrimps and paprika over scallops. Spoon hollandaise and cocktail sauces into separate small bowls. Set out wooden picks for spearing and dunking seafood morsels.