- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Ricotta Spinach Loaf Recipe
|Refrigerated pizza crust dough||10 Ounce (1 Tube For 12 Inch Crust)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Ricotta cheese||8 Ounce (1 Carton Or 1 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced or pressed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Marinara sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1520 Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.4%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.6 mg
Sodium 3069.6 mg127.9%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 78 g156%
Vitamin A 557.3% Vitamin C 135.4%
Calcium 150.3% Iron 79.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and garlic.
3. Spread mixture evenly over dough.
4. Starting at a long edge of dough, roll to enclose filling. Set the loaf, seam down, on baking sheet. Brush loaf top with olive oil.
5. Bake in a 425° oven until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stir marinara sauce in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat until hot; or heat in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until hot.
6. Slice loaf diagonally, making 10 equal portions. Offer 1 slice as an appetizer serving, or 2 slices as a main-dish sandwich. Spoon marinara sauce over slices to taste.