- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||6 Large, peeled, sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, sliced|
|Bacon slices||5 , diced|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg
Sodium 211.1 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 104.7%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot, layer the potato slices topped with onion slices.
2. Sprinkle salt and pour enough water to cover the vegetables.
3. Cover the pot with its lid
4. Slow cook the potatoes on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve the potatoes for dinner, cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, drain the cooking liquid and transfer the potatoes and onions to a large serving dish. Keep warm.
6. Heat a heavy skillet, over a medium high flame.
7. Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp.
8. Remove the bacon using a slotted spoon onto paper toweling.
9. To the drippings add flour, sugar, mustard and seasonings and stir until well blended and bubbly.
10. Stir in the vinegar and water to make a smooth sauce.
11. Simmer until thick then stir in the celery seeds and bacon.
12. Pour over the potatoes and onions and toss well.
13. Serve the potatoes and onion salad hot, as a side dish to steaks, grills etc.