- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Pot Chops Recipe
|Lean boneless lamb leg steaks||18 Ounce (About 125 Gram, Four 4 1/2 Ounce Each Pieces)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Potato||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
|Freshly steamed green vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 939 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2449.7 mg102.1%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.7%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 108 g215.5%
Vitamin A 215.8% Vitamin C 88.5%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste and arrange them on a baking sheet (cookie sheet).
3. Alternate layers of sliced onion, carrot and potato on top of each lamb steak.
4. Brush the tops of the potato lightly with oil, season well with salt and pepper to taste and then sprinkle with a little dried rosemary.
5. Bake the hot pot chops in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the lamb is tender and cooked through.
6. Drain the lamb on absorbent kitchen paper and transfer to a warmed serving plate. Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve accompanied with a selection of green vegetables.