- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Pepper Jelly Turnovers Recipe
|Sharp process cheese spread||5 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper jelly||2 Tablespoon, divided (Hot red or green)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1786 Calories from Fat 1112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g196.1%
Saturated Fat 78 g389.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 341.9 mg
Sodium 1615.5 mg67.3%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 39 g77.7%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 79.6% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375° F.
2. With a pastry blender cut in the cheese spread and butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Over the surface, sprinkle cold water evenly. With a fork, stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Make the dough into a ball; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
5. Split the dough in half; keep one portion refrigerated.
6. On a heavily floured surface, Roll out half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
7. with a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut into rounds; keep 1/4 teaspoon jelly in center of each round.
8. With water, moisten the edges.
9. Fold each round in half and press edges with a fork to seal (edges must be well sealed).
10. Keep them on lightly greased cookie sheets.
11. Do the same for the remaining dough.
12. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
13. Remove and turnovers on a wire rack.
14. Serve as needed.