- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Milk Sponge Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1607 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 640.1 mg
Sodium 1112.2 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62%
Sugars 204.6 g
Protein 41 g82.7%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 61.8% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease two 8X1 1/2-inch baking cake pans and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl,sift flour, baking powder and salt.
4) In a large mixer bowl beat eggs at high speed until fluffy-thick.
5) Gently beat in sugar until mixture almost doubles in volume and is very thick.
6) Lower the speed of the mixer and beat in hot milk and vanilla.
7) Lightly fold in flour mixture, a third at a time, just until blended.
8) Transfer the flour mixture into the pans.
9) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Allow to cool the cake in pan over wire rack for 10 minutes.
11) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto wire racks.
12) Allow to cool completely.
13) use as desired