- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot German Potato Salad Recipe
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 310.4 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 124.3%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender, then allow to cool.
2) In a serving bowl, peel, slice and place the potatoes.
3) In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper towels.
4) Crumble the bacon and add to the potatoes.
5) Drain and reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in the skillet.
6) Stir in the flour, then gradually add the vinegar and water, stirring continuously, until smooth.
7) Stir in the sugar, onion and celery and cook until the sauce is slightly thick and thoroughly heated.
8) Pour hot sauce over the potatoes and bacon, then toss gently to coat.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.