- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot German Beer Soup Heisse Biersuppe Recipe
|Beer||36 Ounce (3 Cans Or Bottles)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rye bread slices||4 Large|
|Shredded muenster cheese/Brick cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.8 mg
Sodium 566.4 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 23% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine beer and sugar
2. Heat over low flame, stirring until sugar dissolves and without boiling.
3. In a bowl, blend together the egg yolks, sour cream, flour, cinnamon, and seasoning, beating until smooth.
4. Pour a little of the hot beer into the egg mixture and blend.
5. Gradually stir egg mixture into the hot beer in the saucepan and cook, stirring continuously until the soup has thickened.
6. Use a cookie cutter or base of beer can to cut out rye bread circles.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and place breads under a broiler for 3-4 minutes until it melts.
8. Ladle the hot beer soup into warmed soup bowls and float a cheesy rye crouton on top.
9. Serve immediately.