- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot German Bean Salad Recipe
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small|
|Nonstick spray coating||1|
|Celery||1 , sliced|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||8 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.4 mg
Sodium 567.3 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 52.5% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare carrot and onion by chopping them.
2. Take a cold large skillet and spray with nonstick coating.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat, stir-fry chopped carrot, chopped onion and sliced celery for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup water, the vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, beef bouillon granules and celery seed and add to the skillet.
5. Place skillet at medium-high heat and cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
6. Further stir in black beans, kidney beans and cooked chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more until heated through, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove to a serving platter, garnish with freshly sliced onion rings and serve warm or cold.