- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot brewed coffee||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (for serving)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Tablespoon (for serving)|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Tablespoon (for serving)|
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.3 mg
Sodium 359.1 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.2%
Sugars 97 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl combine milk, oil and vanilla and stir in flour mixture.
4. Into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan spread batter and sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa.
5. Slowly pour hot coffee over mixture and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake begins to crack on top and pull away from sides.
6. On a wire rack cool in pan 15 minutes.
7. To serve, spoon cake into serving dishes; top with whipped cream, pecans and cherries.