- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Curried Fruit Compote Recipe
|Canned peach halves||1 Pound|
|Canned pear halves||1 Pound|
|Canned apricot halves||1 Pound|
|Canned pineapple chunks||1 Pound|
|Bananas||4 Medium, sliced|
|Walnut halves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 3% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the canned fruit.
2) In a slow cooker, put the drained fruit and add the bananas.
3) All over the top, scatter the walnuts and cherries.
4) Melt the margarine in a skillet. Add the curry powder and sugar and mix well. Pour the mixture over the fruit.
5) Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
6) Can be served hot as a side dish to pork, beef or poultry or warm as a dessert. Can also be served cold as a topping for ice cream.