- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Crusted Shrimp In Orange Sauce Recipe
|Jumbo shrimp||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||8 Ounce|
|Currant jelly||2 Ounce|
|White chablis/Sauterne||8 Ounce|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Ounce, crushed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.1 mg
Sodium 360.8 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 62.6 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In oil, saute the shrimp for about 2 to 3 minutes and then dry them properly on paper towels.
3) Make the sauce by combining together the marmalade, wine, currant jelly, garlic powder and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Whip by hand for about 3 minutes or in a blender for nearly 1/2 minute.
4) To make the batter, blend the milk, egg, honey and bread crumbs together in a different container.Adjust the milk or breadcrumbs in order to ensure that the mixture reaches a smooth crepe-batter consistency.
5) In the sauce, marinate the sauted shrimp for about 5 minutes.
6) Dip each shrimp in the batter and properly coat it.
7) Place the battered shrimp on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes or till the crust has turned golden brown.
8) Serve hot with the sauce on side.