- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Hot Cross Buns Recipe Video
|Yeast||14 Gram (fast action)|
|Caster sugar||60 Gram|
|Warm milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Plain flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mixed fruits||120 Gram, soaked in water for 10 minutes.|
|For white paste mix|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.6 mg
Sodium 39.5 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 200*C.
2. In a mug, combine milk, fast action yeast and caster sugar. Leave it for 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, mixed spice and cinnamon.
4. Add butter, egg, mixed fruits and yeast mixture. Mix well with your hands.
5. Cover the batter and leave for 45 minutes.
6. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and knead the dough well.
7. Cut the dough in even pieces and roll to make bun.
8. On a baking sheet, place the buns.
9. To make white mixture to cross the buns – in a bowl, combine flour, sugar and water.
10. Pour it in piping bag and make cross mark on each bun.
11. Pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.
12. Glaze the baked buns with golden syrup.
13. Serve it with milk or coffee.