- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Cocoa Cookies for Santa (with Marshmallows!!!) Recipe Video
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non-stick cooking spray||1 Dash|
|Marshmallow||6 Medium, cut in half|
|Melted white chocolate||3 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
Calories 1289 Calories from Fat 749
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.9%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.5%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 100.3 mg
Sodium 614.2 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.4 g109.5%
Sugars 56.5 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the marshmallows into half.
3. In a mixer, put butter, shortening, sugar and mix till soft.
4. Add the vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa, egg, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix well till combined.
5. To this mixture add the flour slowly and mix continuously till incorporated.
6. Take a baking try and spray the non- stick cooking spray.
7. Scoop out a little cookie mix and make balls with your palms, gently press it and roll it in sugar. Place it on the tray away from each other.
8. Put it in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
9. After 8 minutes, take it out of the oven, place the marshmallow halves on each cookie and bake for another 8 minutes or till it turns brown.
10. Drizzle white chocolate and sprinkle cinnamon over the cookies.
11. Transfer it to a serving plate and enjoy.