- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Chocolate Sauce Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Boiling water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 87.4 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 56.2 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.6% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy pot, add the chocolate and butter.
2) Place over low heat and slowly melt the chocolate and butter.
3) Pour in boiling water and whisk the mixture to smooth consistency.
4) While whisking, add syrup, sugar, and salt.
5) Cook the sauce by stirring, until it turns smooth and glossy.
6) Stir in vanilla, after removing from heat.
7) Serve hot chocolate sauce over ice cream, cake or with fresh fruits like orange sections, apple wedges, chunks of banana. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 months and serve by reheating on low heat.
While serving after storing, use a tablespoon of hot water to blend into the sauce to make it smooth.