- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Chili Fish Curry Recipe
|Shelled cooked shrimp/1 pound cooked diced fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
|Star anise||1 (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 876 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg
Sodium 1311.3 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 59 g117.5%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 64%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 70%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and chop the onions coarsely, similarly peel and crush the garlic.
2. Take a heavy pan and soften the butter over it. Sauté chili powder and curry powder over low heat for about a minute.
3. Blend in the garlic and onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the stock gradually and stir it well. Blend honey, tomato puree and lemon juice.
5. Fold in star anise and cook this sauce for about an hour by covering the lid.
6. Take out the anise and add shrimp or fish and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve after seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.