- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Butter Bean Salad with Lemon Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned butter beans||820 Gram, drained (Two 410 Gram Cans)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), leaves roughly chopped (Or 1 Small)|
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 706.2 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 24.4 g97.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 63.4% Vitamin C 132.4%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When hot, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until it is soft and lightly browned.
3. Add the drained butter beans and stir to combine with the garlic and oil.
4. Simmer the beans until well heated.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice, the parsley.
6. Taste and add seasoning to your liking.
7. Serve the beans warm over hot toast, potatoes or tossed greens