- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Brown Sandwiches Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Turkey broth/Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Turkey/Chicken||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Bread slice||6 , toasted|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 685.5 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut bacon slices in half crosswise and set aside.
2) Use a microwave roasting rack set in a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish to arrange the bacon halves.
3) Use paper towel to cover bacon halves.
4) Set the microwave at HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until the bacon halves are well done.
5) Bring the bacon halves out of the microwave, drain well and place it aside.
6) Use a 4-cup glass measure to put butter.
7) Place this inside the microwave and set at HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds to melt the butter.
8) Add flour, salt and pepper to blend into the melted butter.
9) Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk. Keep on stirring to make smooth mixture.
10) Place inside the microwave and set at HIGH for 3 to 4 1/2 minutes. Keep on stirring in every minute to make it thick and bubbly.
11) Add cheese and microwave at HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
12) Use a heavy-duty plastic wrap to cover by pressing just on top of the sauce. Place it aside.
13) Use heavy-duty plastic wrap to wrap the turkey slices.
14) Place the wraps inside the microwave and set at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until properly heated.
15) Take the toasted bread slices to arrange turkey slices. Pour the cheese sauce on top of the turkey. Place a tomato slice on top and season with salt and pepper. Finally put 2 pieces bacon on each tomato slice.
16) Garnish the bread toppings with paprika and chopped parsley.