- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Brown Sandwich Recipe Video
|Turkey breast||2 Pound|
|Bacon slices||8 Large|
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato slices||8 Large|
|Parmesan cheese shavings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the spice rub:|
|Coarse black pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|For the mornay sauce:|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.6 mg
Sodium 828 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 38 g76.8%
Vitamin A 48.1% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start the smoker for smoking the turkey breast.
2. On a foiled lined baking dish, place the turkey breast and coat it well with peanut oil.
3. Add the basic spice rub and coat the turkey breast well. Set it aside until it is ready to be placed on the grates of the smoker.
For the smoked turkey:
4. Once the smoker is hot, place the marinated turkey breast on the grates, cover and let it cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 174 degrees. Once done, remove the turkey breast from the grates and transfer onto a plate.
5. In a pan on high heat, fry the bacon slices until golden brown and crispy. Once done, remove and transfer on paper towels.
For the mornay sauce:
6. In a pot over medium high, melt the butter. Add the flour and mix well.
7. Slowly whisk in the milk and shredded cheese and bring it to a boil, stirring continuously. Lower the heat and let it simmer until thick.
To make the hot brown sandwich:
8. Place 3-4 turkey breast slices on both sides of the bread, top it with tomato slices and spoon 1 tablespoon of the mornay sauce over the tomato slices.
9. Place 4 crispy bacon slices, 2 on each bread slices and top it with some Parmesan cheese.
10. Place this under a broiler until the cheese becomes light brown.
11. Serve the hot brown sandwich as a whole or cut in half.